Thread: Pokemon Go!
View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2016, 04:30 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Pokemon Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Speaking of movesets and vaporeon.... I would like assistance in proving something. I don't think eeveelutions are random, I heard a rumor that they follow this chart based on your eevee's secondary charged blue bar move. My wife and I have confirmed one swift eevee to evolve into vaporeon, that's the only one we've been able to test.

If your eevee knows this move = they turn into:

swift = vaporeon
dig = flareon
body slam = jolteon

Please try to remember and post here!

Edit: My sister just confirmed via text and pictures that her dig eevee turned into a flareon. I think this may actually be correct.
My sister's boyfriend heard this same theory, and tried it when he evolved his Eevee. It turned out to be wrong - he got a completely different eeveelution than the theory said. So turns out it's random. Or if it's not, it's based off of something else.
I concur. My swift eevee turned into ANOTHER Flareon :*( I'm so sick of Flareon. So my theory is not right. Next theory...

I read online that nicknaming your eevee can control the evolution. It is supposed to be a throwback/easter egg to the anime episode where the kid has to consider choosing to evolve his eevee to one of the 3 brothers that each own one the three types of eeveelutions. For anyone interested, please try:

vaporeon = rainer (although I almost think they meant rainier, but two sites had it spelled rainer.)
flareon = pyro
jolteon = sparky

NOW, I read you must nickname your eevee first, then close the game out and fully reboot it, and then evolve your eevee after relogging back in.
Mine worked without logging out

On another note, I've been able to get in today, but there are still intermittent server issues - like right now.

I don't know what's going on. After the initial successes with the nickname trick, I've now gotten 3 Vaporeons and a Flareon from Eevee's nicknamed Sparky. I've tried it immediately after changing the name, after changing the name then completely closing down and restarting the app, and after changing the name and restarting the phone. Sadly, I had transferred my lower level Jolteon to get the candy. With all the Vaporeons in gyms around here, I need a strong electric-type. Anyone heard of this issue? Is it only guaranteed to work once?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031