View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2017, 11:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Valguard

The C rating may be slightly lower than what he deserves, maybe a C+? His stats are strong for the cost, on top of bonding with a fairly competitive squad. I think what’s dragging him down is that there are simply better warlords for the roman legions to employ as beatsticks. Ne-Gok-Sa is cheaper and can hurl Mindshackles out and Me-Burq-Sa is ranged. As a semi-range counter, you can even draft Venoc Warlord who has a high movement and decent bulk.

Now if we’re talking Greeks, this guy really comes into his own, but Romans are more prominent competitively. That might have more to do with the Sacred Band being a moderately expensive squad though ($$$-wise).

I haven’t played him with Dreadguls from the C3V, but I imagine his use would be similar to the Venoc Warlord’s use in a Viper build. Still a helpful piece, boosting allies and being able to tank in end-game or as the situatiom requires in mid-game.

@DoomCarrot Valguard has a good shot in a larger scale Podge Army. Probably wouldn’t go below 600 points for him though...

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; November 20th, 2017 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Now I want to play the Sacred Band... hmmm