View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2006, 11:02 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
To be fair, most everything a human does can be considered "selfish" or that the end result is beneficial to the person. It's the nature of things.

However, I do not think it is reasonable to discount religion because of this. I speak specifically from the viewpoint of Christianity. I believe God created man with a need for many things, and man's purpose is to fulfill those needs. Specifically, God created man with a need for a relationship with God, and our ultimate purpose is to have a close relationship with Him.

Your questions at this stage in life are a recognition of a need that has not yet been met. You've done all the "normal" things that our culture defines as success, yet there is still a need.

My favorite quote about the meaning of life is in Equilibrium, when the prisoner says, "You exist to continue your existance. What's the point?" Ask yourself what the point is in life, first from a non-religious viewpoint, then from a religious one. You will find that if you turn to God, this sense of emptiness will go away, and I can attest to that.

Please PM me if you want to talk, or if you have questions. I know that RevDyer is a pastor, and he'd be willing to answer questions, too.