View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2017, 04:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Design Holocron of Scarif Beach Assault

Name of Map (Scarif Beach Assault)

Overall Look: Looks pretty great in real life. Really captures the feel for what we saw in Rouge One.

Stability: No issues at all. Not a very tall map and everything locks together tightly.

Build difficulty: Very easy to build.

Size: I’d say medium in size but long and narrow.

Unit types positively affected: A small pool of water next to each SZ and a glyph could help units with water based powers. The Rodian Thugs liked being able to negate the jungle bonus and I suspect the Imperial Probe Droid would like being useful too. Concrete & Asphalt tiles are well positioned for DST to get a useful bonus from.

Unit types negatively affected: The ‘walls’ of jungle plants can create LOS issues for aura powers and bonding mechanics that rely on clear sight.

Key areas on the Map: Each of the 5 glyphs were fought over at one point or another in my two games, both grassy hills were also put to good use and popular locations since they gave you high ground advantage on those who are fighting over the landing pad.

Areas not used much or at all: None really, I’d say the pools of water were the least used but even then I had the Speeder Biked flying over them and the Quarren Thugs also moved through them.

Game 1:
Units: Speeder Bike x6, General Veers, Stormtroopers x2 (500) vs. Rebel Troopers x3, Rebel Captain, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Atgar Cannon (500)
Spoiler Alert!

Who won and how many wounds did they have? Leia w/1W & Chewbacca w/3Ws. Also 1 container was destroyed in the fighting with 2 other containers taking 2W and 1 taking 1W.
Game 2:
Units: Death Star Troopers x3, Speeder Bike x3, E-Web Trooper (400) vs. Thugs x5, IG-88B (400)
Spoiler Alert!

Who won and how many wounds did they have? 6 Thugs and IG-88B at full health won. Also 1 crate was destroyed in the fighting with 1 container taking 2W & 2 containers taking 1W.
Final Thoughts: Playing the Battlefront rules on this map were really, really fun IMO. I had a blast fighting over control of the glyphs and I don’t usually play with glyphs on maps. I think the reason this was so much more fun for me was that the glyphs didn’t give you some powerful buff like +1 att. or def. for your whole army and yet control of the glyphs was pretty important in terms of not taking a wound at the end of the round and being able to quickly deploy your forces into the battle.
From a balanced stand point, I’m a bit concerned that the first team to take the middle glyph won both games but since it was only two games that really isn’t a pattern yet, just something to keep an eye on. I really like the use of the Crate/Container/Canister DO’s here. They are really fun to use and give both sides a chance to hold their positions longer while in the middle of the action. A few things about the Battlefront rules to keep an eye on are the effectiveness of both the Thugs & the Rebel Capt. & Rebel troopers as they both can move 6 figures at a time. I did not use the Imperial Officer or Bib Fortuna but their ability to replenish your forces with figures that you didn’t start the game with might be an issue.