View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2021, 01:41 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Today I'm expecting the delivery of the last two 3 disk DVD sets of Vikings I don't have, which are Season 5 Volume 2 and Season 6 Volume 1 from Barnes & Noble. The final set will be Season 6 Volume 2, which was broadcast a month or so ago; and not out on DVD yet.

While I've seen the ones I'm getting now once, the show switched from the History Channel to a streaming service I don't have for the final volume, so when it finally arrives it will be new to me! Cool. While the show is not as good as it once was, I still enjoy it. The last shows delved into the Rus, a particular interest of mine, who were the Swedish Vikings who consolidated the Slavs living in the East and formed a trading network down to Constantinople in what would be later known as Russia. The last DVD set I ordered was actually cheaper than the one before it, which is okay with me!

The sequel will be Vikings Valhalla, which will be set a hundred years later, and tell the story of the most famous Norsemen of that final Viking Era, like Leif Ericsson and Harald Hardrada.