View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2020, 03:04 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Workbook of Moria War Drummer - Design (Fellowship A

I also prefer "Deep Drummer" - it both fits the narrative better (drums in the deep) and gives us more flexibility later if, say, we wanted a troll drummer like what appears in the siege of Minas Tirith in the RotK movie.

Definitely Utgar - all metrics we have considered so far agree on that.

I agree with @capocrates on the change to "before moving".

I have no problem with that miniature - in general, I'm not the most knowledgeable about miniatures (I've never collected the physical C3V figs) so I'll probably end up deferring a lot in that regard.

I'm torn on inclusion of cave dweller; it certainly fits thematically, but if we include it here we must include it for all moria orcs & trolls we create as the only real reason to include it here is for consistency among those cards. Also, being aware of the fact that many people did not want overly complex cards, having 3 powers per card may be excessive, and I don't think the movement boost does this figure a lot of good anyways.

So I lean towards not including cave dweller, just to reduce the average number of powers on the secondary moria orc cards, but I wouldn't hate it if it ended up on the card (extra powers doesn't bother me much, but a good portion of our intended audience has asked to avoid it).

Regarding "Moria" being in the character name, I think we should only include regional information when necessary to identify the character; i.e. an orc could be from the Misty Mountains or Mordor, but a "Deep Drummer" can only be from Moria, so I think inclusion in the name is unnecessary and redundant.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; June 24th, 2020 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Added comments on "Moria" in character name