View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2021, 04:22 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
It's a trap to think that balance is the key factor. Balanced or not, not everything belongs in the game. Actually, balance usually the easy part.
I don't see why this couldn't belong in the game though. It brings a new option to the table but also acts similar to other figures out there like Theracus or Saylind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I think you could either make her aura only apply to figures with a Range of 1 (however thematically odd that may be) or just go the Taelord route and make her super-expensive to account for the potency of her buff.

Outside of the Start Zone on smaller maps, she does require some positioning to set up. Extreme elevations, lava, and castles are rare in competitive maps and already have units that break them.

~TAF
The limit to range of 1 could work and stops a lot of the bigger issues with ranged figures, but thematically would be strange like you said. Though you could potentially say the say thing for figures like Finn.

Super expensive could also work but in a way feels like the easy way out in my opinion; it solves the issue by just making her too expensive to fit in the majority of places and not really draftable. Though that could be where she should sit, and she could be a worth while investment even then map depending. I can see her hitting that price range if a slight buff is given to the aura, or if something really strong crops up.

I don't recall many competitive maps having sheer heights that would cause Valtia to be ridiculously strong in her current state. Things like terrain are the reason you'd want to invest in a figure like this as opposed to an extra squad or Raelin. Your dropping bulk or a key squad or hero for extra mobility options.