View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2019, 08:53 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
GOTG is what Solo wanted to be.
I actually thought Solo was quite good. I had a bunch of fun watching it, don't really understand the criticisms (Star Wars is my other big Guilty Pleasure )

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
To me GOTG barely feels like a Marvel movie - none of the characters are really reminiscent of the comic versions, outside of maybe Rocket. It just feels like a James Gunn movie, like Slither or Super, just PG-13 and with licensed characters.

And I appreciate that. I like movies where directors rewrite the source material to suit their vision - I'm thinking Burton's Batman movies here, too. I just find it more engaging than most MCU stuff, which are great adaptations but don't feel quite as personal, artistically.
Well, I never read the source material, I'm not big on Cosmic Marvel, so this is my only experience with GOTG. Super was pretty good, didn't realize it was the same director.