View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: GenCon: the future of the Heroscapers Gaming Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I had approached Retlaw to see if he wanted to move into the lead role. He let me know that while he can continue to support our effort by storing material through the year, GMing, and helping set up & tear down, he does not want to step into the lead role. The good news is that we will still have Retlaw's support, which is very key to all of this.
First I want to thank R˙chean for offering the position to me -- I had to decline as I am very involved in my kids activities right now (they grow up too fast) and it takes a lot of my time and I didn't think I would have time to devote to running the Gencon events the way they should be run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Matthias Maccabeus has PMd me with a high level of interest for taking this over.

I think this is a great idea because he has a strong local community in Nebraska. I think that will be important. That is how it started, too; it was the Dallas group that started the events with GB on lead. We just lost a few Dallas people along the way.

So the Nebraska group taking over seems like a good idea. We will evaluate as we move forward but as I said the biggest hurdle is the want to do it. MM and his guys have been to GenCon enough to have a pretty good idea what they would bet getting themselves into.
Great to see interest from Matthias Maccabeus. As R˙chean already said, I will continue to help out in anyway you need: storing the tiles, set-up, tear-down, GM roles, etc.

And as I've said numerous times -- THANKS to R˙chean for running the events again this year!