View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Help with gameplay mechanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
OM 1 = morning
OM 2 = midday
OM 3 = night

It's a fun way to do it. Figures who are nocturnal get more powerful at night (OM 3), etc.

I think this is the simplest way to do it, but I have to agree with Chief. It seems too short and doesn't offer any real strategy to gameplay.

Quote:
How about: At the beginning of each round roll the 20 sided die: If you roll X or higher it is considered to be nightime. This will then be effective for at least 3 rounds of play if successful.
I actually had a power written out that way and it does add a random element to when it's night. Not a bad way to manage such a power in the long run. How do other people feel?
This makes it random... Day and Night Cycles are not random though. If you are going to make it random, don't waste time with any reference to day and night at all. Just require a d20 roll in the power with X or higher for success. Because at that point it is no different than any other ability.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "