View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2011, 12:05 PM

Wheelockian is surprisingly tart
Dust Tactics in Heroscape

I've recently started playing Dust Tactics. I actually enjoy the game much more than I thought I would! But after painting up the squads and heroes (yes, you do have to paint them, though they at least come primed) I realized how much they look like Heroscape figures. Same scale, similar bases, though the sculpts are a bit higher quality in terms of detail. It has a great theme--WWII with a touch of sci-fi and even horror blended in. There are a lot of expansions for the game now--FFG seems pretty invested--with all kinds of different squads and heroes available for relatively decent prices.

So I was wondering if anyone has made any conversions for using DT minis in Heroscape? The oversized bases on the beautifully detailed Mechs would probably rule them out for 3D Heroscape boards, but otherwise there seems to be a rich source of Heroscape-ready units for the making if you're willing to do a little painting. (Plus, I've always felt like that particular genre was a bit underrepresented in the game.)