View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2018, 06:16 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™ by NecroBlade: Abomination and Hulk 11/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Cool tweaks on the official versions. Really dig the Super Leap -> Stomp interaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That is exactly how I thought it should be. You should have to Stomp after a Leap.
Very cool start.
Thanks. I always kinda thought that was how they should've worked, nice to see others like it, too!

===============

Alphabetically, Captain America is next... and since I paired the other two, Red Skull's here as well.

Cap takes a bigger departure from his canon version than the other two. His stats remain, but his powers are all similar-but-different. Gone is the crazy Valiant build (good riddance!), though other new, possibly equally strong possibilities abound. Avengers Assemble! is a wonderfully thematic change, and the revealed OM language makes sure Cap leads from the front (and doesn't attempt any bonding shortcut shenanigans; see his nemesis below). Shield Ricochet can be every bit as powerful as it seems, but it can also fizzle out on the first roll and do nothing. The limitation of spaces from the defending figure and from Cap is a thematic one you'll see play out in other powers as well. Vibranium Alloy Shield was as much a personal choice as anything else; Counter Strike always felt like the domain of the samurai to me (not that other figures don't have it) and while this does make Cap much tougher, it at least allows you some respite from his attacks on your own turns. Lastly, he gained 60 points. Whether or not he was underpriced before, these are three very potent powers.

Master Manipulator is the same, just much less wordy. You may notice both here and on Cap the change from things like "within X clear sight spaces of This Figure." Cuts down on word count, and it's the common sense answer, unless otherwise spelled out. Cosmic Cube (and +1 Defense) improve Red Skull's fragile nature, and CC is particularly nasty. Being an attack die means it can't be manipulated as easily as a d20. The "must" was a somewhat last-minute change, but plays well with his Ruthless personality, I think, and allows the sacrifice of other minions for Red Skull's gain. A 20-point drop accompanies his single attack, middle-of-the-road stats.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; November 18th, 2018 at 12:09 PM.