View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Ken Burns' Vietnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Is he a different guy than John Kerry, the veteran swift boat ('Brown Water Navy') Captain in Vietnam, whose service was ridiculed by his opponents during a political campaign?

Boy, its hard not to get political on this thread. Maybe that's why we have almost 200 viewers here but so few posters. Well, I rarely post here in the General section, where as I understand it controversy is allowed, so I went for it.

By the way, the TV series specifically about the medical rehab area in Vietnam was China Beach (1988-91), which introduced Dana Delany, Marge Helgenberger and Robert Picardo. It was a great series, although pretty harrowing, and is available on DVD (and possibly more advanced platforms, of which I know nothing).
Actually, it was Joseph Robert "Bob" Kerry I was referring to. Navy SEAL in Vietnam. Governor and then Senator.

As far as getting political, it's kind of hard not to, considering how much of the Vietnam era was a political mess, and how the division we have now reminds me of how it was back then. While not as bad....yet, it's getting more divisive on a daily basis it seems. So there's tie in with the subject of this thread.

I never watched China Beach, so I may have to check it out sometime.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; September 27th, 2017 at 10:59 AM.