View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2019, 05:13 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Sounds like a good idea @TREX . That will make it easier to play gridless Heroscape. Thanks for the consideration, but I won't be playing any Heroscape. Haven't in years and am selling my collection as soon as a guy that I know that is interested raises the money.
Yeah. I dont get much scape to the table lately either. I considered selling all my heroscape terrain. The minis are great because of how many games they can be used in and they are already painted. Playing it gridless and possibly playing my Heroscape skirmish assault variant is probably how we play if at all going forward. Im not much interested in collecting any more c3g or c3v customs really either. It makes no sense for me to go and purchase specific models for customs at 5+ dollars each when I could buy a booster for legion, or these other fun games for a fraction of the cost per model. Also. Putting in time testing new designs is quite a bit of work compared to getting to play stuff that is already completed. My customs testing and collecting days are limited to possibly making a few of my own for fun with limited testing. Thanks again for showing me these other games. They are so much more fun when having other options of games to play. I used to buy all kinds of models just for heroscape when they were probably fun enough for their own games as well. Im debating selling the terrain first though. I started painting a hero booster of spanish pirates for rum and bones second tide. I stopped painting that set 1 and a half years ago. From here forward Im going to grab a random box and go for it out of my collection and knock them down 1 at a time.
$5??? Most of C3G figures are less than $1 per. over half of my collection was less than $0.50 each. But yeah hard to justify collecting stuff you aren't playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I also talked to my brother about making ruler sections that connect together similar to how legion range rulers are, but they will be in lengths of 2 to 3 space sections to keep the range and movement of heroscape. After we get it designed, I'll 3d print a handful of them and if they are awesome, I'll send you a set. Not sure when that will happen, but when it does, it will be really neat. What do you think of that idea. It will essentially be a Legion range ruler with two to three space sections on each piece. The sections will be 1.5 inches wide, and be used to count spaces and range. They will have an insert peg just like the range ruler in legion. Should be fun. My brother is really excited to be able to make some heroscape cards for some of my really big miniatures that otherwise would not play the game on hex spaces.
This is interesting. I need to check out Legions range finder things here.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.