View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2016, 01:40 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: McMeeple's Custom Building Terrain - Pizza Joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThumbToe View Post
Holy Smokes Batman! So much engineering that goes into making these buildings. Recently I've been getting into the Batman Miniature Game (If you haven't heard of it please go take a look. Some of the boards built for it look fantastic.) and when I build terrain pieces or buildings for it I've been trying my best to make sure they still fit and work within the Heroscape rules. Such as for story levels I've been sticking to the 2.25" height and generally multiples of 3.5" for width. Grish's buildings use a 7x7.25" base I believe but I've fudged mine a bit and gone with a 7x7 to make things a bit easier and more modular. That way I can keep the roofs detachable so I can rotate it. It also cuts down on number of files to design when making things modular and open for different buildings using the same textures.

Im trying to figure out a way to create stairs that can turn at an angle for my Arkham City GCPD building. In one direction I can use half hexes with each step going up the same height as a ladder would but when it turns 90 degrees it doesn't work anymore. Anybody have any suggestions?
it's surprising really. this is why i started with such a simple structure (the pizza shop). Getting rolling and fully understanding the process is a big task. And now, looking at rolling out the complete plans for a 3 part building is a bigger task then one might expect....hence the love i am sending towards Grish for all his work over the years. Certainly makes me appreciate him and the C3G.

EDIT: I have pondered rotatable roofs as well. And I like the idea of buildings that can rotate. but that does mess with the hex layout.