Thread: Level Scape
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2017, 11:45 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Level Scape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I've done similar things like this with our big group games we have locally, and players have always loved it...but it has always been so exhausting creating the scenario with how they level up throughout the campaign. THIS sheet will be well used you can be assured! i'm very excited about this, and thank you for putting this together, i think this'll bring our gaming campaigns to a whole new level! +rep

EDIT: In fact, do you have a blank version with the same format? That way I can edit it with my own versions etc...
I will post a blank sheet today. I am also going to update the original post to show the 6 different characters, I think that detail is lost here.

I would love to hear how they work. Most of my play testing is with my son (8 yrs old). I am sure that the language on some of the powers needs to be adjusted. The upside is that since this is not pvp most of the time there isn't as much fussing over what EXACTLY the text means. That said, I would like to tighten them up. In some cases I did run into space issues so I would figure out how to cut the text short.

I agree, creating the characters is really hard. I have no trouble at all creating scenarios. My intent is that this is not a rigid system, so you can easily introduce all sorts of things. In our favorite scenario your quest is to rescue a master trainer from an orc dungeon. You have to fight spiders in the forest leading to the dungeon and acquire the key to get in. Then you fight troops in the hall including a warden that has the keys to the cells. Then as you continue down the cell hall more mobs come from the end of the hall to fight you. as you open cells you might accidentally release a beast that attacks you...eventually finding the trainer (a monk). Then you have to escape the jail. Once you do he rewards you with extra training. This can easily be extended to enable the players to progress very far.

One thing to keep in mind is that in total you there are 33 to 36 upgrades possible per character. So you can calculate how fast you want players to progress. If you have 4 hours to play you could make sure players earn 30 exp per hour in order to achieve the ultimate level by the end of play. we have really appreciated the ability to pace the game as needed.

Again, I would really love to hear how they work for you.