Thread: deleted
View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2018, 01:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Skirmish Assault with PDF Rulebook:Update:9/26

This seems like it could be pretty fun.

As much as I love how the Heroscape rules work it has always bothered me just a little bit the idea that a few figures do all the moving and attacking in a round while the others just seemingly stand around and watch. I'm a player that will put all 3 OM's on one hero for a round. I've just conceptualized the idea that everyone who is just standing around is actually also fighting the whole time, they just are not having any interesting results and the only potentially interesting results for the round are taking place where the OM's are revealed. So when the KMA don't have an OM revealed during a round, they are ducking and hiding and shooting at something, they just aren't doing any damage. Then when they do reveal and OM, whether or not they do any damage is determined by the dice rolls. That helps me some with the theme of the limited activations, but not the mechanics of some units not getting to roll any dice because the odds are not as good for them as another unit. So having a system where everyone gets to take a turn no matter how good they are is certainly appealing. Tracking the common squad figures also means they balance better with the unique squads now.

One thing I didn't pick up on right away after reading through the rules was that all the (#ed?) OM must be revealed in the first 3 (or 4 if the X can be used for a turn here) of the round's turns, then you start with the exhaustion turns, but based on comments in the thread I now believe that is the case. Did you try it in testing that the OM reveals could take place at any time during the round instead of only at the very beginning?