Thread: deleted
View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2018, 10:28 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Skirmish Assault with PDF Rulebook: 1-13-17

Well now, since Kolakoski just saw this thread and asked me what I thought about it, here's my response:

Back not too long after after Heroscape first came out, I used this system without the Order Markers--except for the Passing Rule for the side with fewer cards, which is great--so as an old wargamer I could solitaire a giant game using my whole collection (much smaller back then) of Evil--Utgar, who had almost as many cards as everyone else--vs Good. I put poker chips on each card as it was used each turn rather than rotating them, so I could still read the cards easily.

The Good side had more staying power the one time I tried it out, because Saylind would Summon wounded heroes back to the safe rear area 'hospital' on the giant board, where Kelda would heal them! If I was doing it again, I'd use my own custom Evil Healer (Adele the Pain Giver, see my customs thread) to help counter that tactic, if the other two were in play!

Its lots of fun. I already use the sticker system shown here, just because... And as TRex mentions, since it goes much faster, you can use more cards on each side if you like big games, or just play a larger battle with only two players!

Nice work on developing the idea!