View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2009, 12:54 PM
has been BANNED

Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Idiot's Guide to Making a Competitive Army

Greetings, Ollie and Aldin.

Ollie, when did I say that only A and A+ units are tournament-worthy? Look again at the army I presented in my previous post. The Marro Drones and the Hive are not A or A+ units (they're B's!). I know that there are non-elite units that, given the right army build, can function and even excel. It's true that I don't think that, at this time, DWK 9000 is competitive. I've explained why I feel that way and you've explained (very well) why you disagree. I would add that I would be very happy to face an opponent who had drafted DWK 9000 in a tournament.

Aldin, you say that I've made some highly authoritative posts. What do you mean by authoritative? Do you mean that I claim to be right? If that's the case, let me set the record straight: I am not a brilliant Heroscape player and anything I write concerning game theory is purely my opinion/speculation about it. I have attended, on average, three tournaments per year and, on average, I finish 3rd-5th. I play regularly at home with very good players who, unfortunately, do not care to contribute to the threads at this site. It's a shame, because they play better than I do. In fact, many of the ideas I get about the game are inspired by their play.

You stated that you think the army I proposed would be better served by the removal of the Hive and the inclusion of Raelin (and more squads?). You may be right. That it (the Hive) hasn't worked for some in tournaments may mean that they didn't play it properly. I would like to see a top-notch player try it, however, before I knock it. Regarding my authoritative tone, perhaps my style of writing is not to your liking, or comes across as authoritative. Other than ceasing to post, I don't see what I could possibly do about that. I hope you continue to read (and enjoy? even a teensy-weensy bit?) my posts. I do my best to write to the best of my ability. Always. Maybe that's the problem?

P.S. : did the (simple/innocent) question I asked Nwojedi bother you that much that you remember it to this day? It was months ago! I didn't even remember it until you brought it up. You guys must be building a serious case against me or something (not that you'd need to). I thought that all this time I had been doing a fine job of posting. Not only are my posts unappreciated (by some), but I must also have inadvertently committed sacrilege! Wow.

Last edited by Sarpedon; January 27th, 2010 at 06:17 PM.