View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2018, 06:56 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Initial Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I really like YK's suggestion. Here's a slight modification that may make it more useful though:

Quote:
BREAKING BALANCE
When an adjacent opponent's figure rolls attack dice for a normal attack against Master Splinter, or rolls defense dice against an attack from Master Splinter, if they roll more skulls than shields, you may change one of the opponent's dice to any result and if Master Splinter is not destroyed, that figure receives a wound.
Rather than the subtract one shield thing wouldn't it be easier to just say Splinter "add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled"

Same thing and it's common language.
Because that's not going to help in defence, which is really where I'm having the problem - I have no issues with his offensive capability or the amount of damage he's doing, just how quickly he's getting killed. I really do like that power, though. It's going to make him expensive, but I'm okay with that - 250 is my top level for this guy, and I'm absolutely happy if he ends up that high. Shredder's 255, after them all - Splinter being equal to Human Shredder doesn't seem unreasonable. Honestly, though, the more I think about it, quozl's tweak could make it too powerful on attack... maybe Yodaking's original is better?
How is him adding an auto shield (or subtracting a Skull from his opponent...same idea) to his roll not going to help his defense?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.