View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2008, 03:41 AM
Warning! Reading my posts may make you smarter

mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Unit Strategy Review: How to use Tor-Kul-Na

For units to avoid, I would add Krug and Cyprien Essenwein (with his bride).

My Tor-Kul-Na strategy for dealing with Cyprien is to sit on height (or flat ground) with Tor-Kul-Na so that the rest of my army is within charging range. Let Cyprien come to you and take the first roll/attack. After that, it's Stomp, attack, and Nagrub nibles. Tor-Kul-Na should come out on top with a little luck and some tasty Nagrub snacks.

Krug poses a challenge to any sizeable point investment hero, and Tor-Kul-Na is no exception. To combat Krug, I would allow the opponent to waste order markers with attacks on Tor-Kul-Na early game. Disengage from Krug, if need be (healing, of course) and neglect your own disengagement strikes on the Troll beast. In short, you are saving Krug for last. Krug's lowly attacks of 2 twice mean that order markers placed on an unwounded Krug are wasted activations. When it is finally time to confront this beast, you could try to nible him to death with Nagrubs while saving Tor-Kul-Na (if you are trying to maintain a point differential). Alternatively, you could go for the gusto and combine Tor-Kul-Na with the Nagrubs' efforts to bring the big troll down.