View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2019, 06:12 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 1] UKUSHISA PRIDE (Blazing Firecats) - Design

What are we actually going for here? Are we looking to have just any power that gives a conditional attack boost, or do we want this unit to remain effective endgame sharks? If we want the latter, then getting a boost from being adjacent to each other doesn't fit the bill. Not being able to spread out effectively would be a huge disadvantage in that scenario.

On the other hand, power ideas that power up the remaining Ukushisa when one or more of them are destroyed would be quite effective in that scenario. TLEB's Pride Revenge looks pretty good to me, although with that direction I'd just drop the water space limitation. I'm a little concerned that it's a lot less interesting than the B-11's similar power is, though. A ranged squad that goes from 2/2 to 5/5 as it loses members starts to play differently as it dwindles, where as going from 6 move 3 attack to 8 move 5 attack on 1 figure doesn't end up being that threatening.

How about a more aggressive spin on things? Could we maybe nix the move boost on pride revenge, but bump the attack boost to 2? Suddenly, you go from a fairly ho-hum 3 attacks of 3, 2 attacks of 4, 1 attack of 5 to a very scary 3 of 3, 2 of 5, and 1 of 7.