View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2018, 09:02 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Reverse the Whip Army Archetypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I'd like AG's plus Krug, but that's probably too strong?
Maybe, but I don't think so. There was a huge range in army power this year. I think the new alternating format has both increased the variance in armies and slightly ratcheted up the average.
1. Matthias (Dwarves x4, Darrak, Marcu, Hatamato Toro) 5-0
2. Hendal (Nilfheim, Greenscales x2, Fen Hydra, Marcu, Isamu, Marro Nagrubs x1) 5-0
3. dok (Tor-Kul-Na, Nagrubs x4, Raelin, Otonashi, Sam Brown) 4-1
4. Evan (Marcus, 4th x2, Romans x2, Q10) 4-1
5. vegietarian18 (Tagawa Samurai Archers x2, Knights x1, Alastair, Syvarris, Raelin) 4-1
6. Mr Chompy (Gorillanators x4, Nakitas, Otonashi) 4-1
7. OrcElfArmyOne (Warriors of Ashra x2, Phantom Knights x2, Concan, Arkmer, Kyntela, Jorhdawn) 4-1
8. ISB3 (Cutters x3, Agent Carr, Dund, Alastair) 3-1-1
9. Major Q23 (Axegrinders x2, Darrak, Phantom Knights x1, Tarn Viking Warriors, Tandros Kreel) 3-2
10. Wookie (Stingers x5, Drake v2, Marcu) 3-2
11. Chris Perkins (Mezzos x2, Raelin, Knights x1, Thorgrim, Zetacron, Marro Warriors, Marcu) 3-2
12. Dysole (4th Mass x2, Templar x2, Raelin, Eldgrim) 3-2
13. Chill (Jorhdawn, Ulginesh, Raelin, Chardris, Arkmer, Kyntela) 3-2
14. Bradley (Zelrig, Greenscales x2, Nakitas, Sam Brown) 3-2
15. William099 (Warforged x4, Siege, Marro Warriors) 3-2
16. R˙chean (Aubriens x4, Sonlen, Arkmer) 3-2

Of these, I think only a few would have made it to day 2 back in 2010. There's something slightly janky about nearly all of them, and that "150 point rule" seems to largely be in effect.

It seems like practice and knowledge of the maps are how you take these things to day 2. I'm guessing there are still some strong armies out there that just didn't make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)