View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2009, 02:14 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Knights of the Daystorm - Design Thread - 100% complete

This project is complete. Please direct new questions and comments to the release thread HERE.

CAPTAIN'S LOG STARDATE 1/22: The enigmatic 'truth' has placed this thread on the front page of Scapers! I'm very excited! I'd like to welcome all you folks visiting this thread from the link provided. Below is a brief overview of what this campaign entails. Relevant links are also below. Please note that this project is unfinished and needs you to get us the rest of the way home! If you get a chance to play through any or all of KotDS, please let me know what you think and I can make improvements accordingly.

Here's a placeholder for what I'm planning. It will also serve to motivate me to test and complete it and provide regular updates.
  • There are 5 dungeons in this campaign.
  • It's being designed to work with 2, 3, and/or 4 players during any stage.
  • There's an over-arcing story heavily inspired by Final Fantasy I. Each dungeon consists of 4-5 rooms/encounters with a Guardian fight at the end.
  • The party will face and be composed of a variety of heroes and monsters. You'll have the chance along the way to convert a few as well.
  • Variability will be important. You can do the 4 main dungeons in any order you choose.
  • The maps/dungeons will also be epic in scope. You'll need about 2 of every expansion to do the whole thing, but as is the beauty of Heroscape, you can always swap out terrain you don't have and use the rules anyway!
The process has begun! Check out the drafts below. I'll make regular updates and revisions as we go.

Download these first! You'll need them to play.
Game Guide in PDF format.
Player's Campaign Status Tracker

Water Dungeon

Fire Dungeon (Runa's Riddles HERE)

Air Dungeon

Earth Dungeon

Sanctuary

Last edited by Velenne; March 25th, 2010 at 01:36 PM.