View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Warmachine/Hordes by Privateer Press

I've recently started playing the miniature game Hordes since the game store that holds our weekly Dreamblade sessions also has a large group of Warmachine/Hordes players. I've always loved the Steampunk concept but never got into Warmachine. Hordes is an interesting game and is compatible with Warmachine (i.e. players can use Warmachine armies vs. Horde armies...most units are not usable in the different gamesets mainly due to how some of the game mechanics work). The players around here didn't seem to use the Skorne faction much so I decided to investigate that one and really liked the look and idea behind the army (mainly an Oriental looking army mixing Arabian and Far East looks). The starter box set comes with the following 4 figures:

The small, clawed individual in front is the warlock, Morghoul. Warlocks are vital to the army since they are the commanders and control/use the warbeasts (another type of creature in the game). The two figures off to the sides wielding falchions (the huge sword) and wearing sashimonos (the back banners) are light warbeasts called Cyclops Savages. They are extremely useful in that they can roll to hit/damage before choosing to increase their chances to hit or do damage (others creatures have to decide before rolling). The big pachyderm in the middle is a heavy warbeast called a Titan Gladiator. Let's just say you don't want to make him angry...you wouldn't like him when he's angry .

The picture above shows the standard paint scheme for the army and I decided to stick with similar colors but hate painting a lot of red on figures so I flipped the scheme somewhat. Here are the two painted and based Cyclops:

I'm currently working on Morghoul and will attempt to finish the Titan Gladiator by the end of this weekend before some other Skorne figures arrive. I'll post some pictures of the army as the units are completed.

Just curious if anyone else plays Hordes or Warmachine? Post some pics of your armies and why you chose the army.

Newb.