View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:38 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
I am very interested in this. Very cool.

what do you use to enter xml data? what tools do you use? could i see the xslt?

Over on the Battlefields of Valhalla thread I have been talking about maps with multiple "Start zone and glyphs" layers. I would love to see your xml format become the standard for map distribution.

Virtuascape doesn't do Start Zone and Glyph layers well, doesn't do scenarios well and makes Bunjee (and the rest of the Mac users) unhappy. Also it has a closed file format.

Lanscape is cross-platform, lacks snow and castles, and has a closed file format.(Even though i think its XML based, logrey doesn't have intentions to make it open).

I really dig the fact that you are making an XML based format. I would love to use your format to create a map database. If you need any help with speccing things out or some grunt programming let me know. I'm pretty sharp when it comes to coding, and I think that you are on to something good.

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.