View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2020, 12:03 AM

SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I don't see why green wyrmlings in their perfect matchup with A+ backing should be expected to lose.
Very true. I tested against Knights x4, Sir Glibert, and Alastair MacDirk because I wanted to see how an all melee army compared, so I do agree with you that my test was against their perfect matchup. I also would expect the Green Wyrmling team to win in this scenario. I know games can be one-sided victories, but even against a perfect matchup, I would prefer the game be closer. 6 Green Wyrmlings, Raelin, and 1 4th Mass squad at 360 points easily took out 500 points (I didn't even use the other 2 squads of 4th Mass.). I would prefer that a perfect match be more like 400 points needed to take out 500 points.

Honestly, a better army would have been Knights x4, Sir Glibert, Krav Maga, and Isamu. In this case, the Krav Maga could have shot down Raelin followed by the Green Wyrmlings. I will test the same Green Wyrmling army against this army and see how it compares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I don't like dropping the move. It makes them slower than every other dragon or wyrmling and does very little to weaken the power of the passive, Raelin-backed version while weakening their use in more dynamic builds.

I agree a higher price is an option, I'm just wholly unconvinced by the spectacle of plugging them in to that Raelin build and watching relatively low-attack melee fail, especially when there was an extremely fortunate Gilbert 1-shot.
That is also a good point about 4 move being slower than every other dragon that I did not consider. Dropping the move is the least of my proposals too for the same reasons you mentioned. I am more inclined to say point value is what needs adjusted and/or attack needs dropped. Dropping the attack to 3 would have prevented the Gilbert one-shot.

I will also test a battle where the roles are reversed and the Green Wyrmling army is the perfect matchup for the opposing army. If the Green Wyrmling army can easily beat this army, then it's a sign the Green Wyrmling needs a price increase, but if it gets completely destroyed, then it's a sign the Green Wyrmling at a good point value while having army matchups that it is both great against and poor against.