View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2020, 01:05 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The (Cheese) Gauntlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Cool idea. I think it's helpful to have a preset list of armies to run through. Honestly I'd love a Reverse the Whip gauntlet since it's often even more difficult to come up with armies for that.

Just on a completely different note, the Ogre Pulverizer 500 point Chaser build isn't great. That's three bonding heroes and only four squads of Chasers, and Chasers die fast. If I'm playing Deathchasers bring the cheese at 500 I'm doing 5x Deathchasers MBS Nerak Raelin Theracus. Theracus is actually great with Deathchasers and great with Raelin if you know what you're doing with him. But in reality 500 is just such an awkward point total for DCs that I'm probably just not running them period. That's one thing that I don't see talked about a lot, how certain armies power spike at very specific point totals and you don't need to worry about them as much at other point totals. For example I'm not too scared of 480 or 490 point Heavies but they are much scarier at 500, and even more scary at 520. Deathchasers are even more of a power spike army since they are really only good since Nerak and MBS are amazing with them so they don't have many build options. Deathchasers are really only Cheese viable at 400 and 460 (455).
That's a good point on power spikes at different totals. Knights are probably the best army in the game at 455 (5x Knights Gilbert is just insane). I'll update my Chasers builds in the OP; I'm not that experienced with them and without the Ogre, but I'll take your word for it.

As for RtW, it's even more dependent on the point total than cheese. However, I can post my Gauntlet from last year's testing, which will at least give people a baseline. There are certain things I can't post from it, but I can at least post most of it.