View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Kryptonian Infiltrator - Designing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I'm worried about Infiltrate being too powerful at the start of the game in some situations, but we will see.
I tried dumbing their stats down for this cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

Being that that they are Uncommon, you could put 4 or 5 of them adjacent to opponent's figures and start them all off being engaged. That's pretty darned scary and powerful. You could put several around Prof X if there are open spaces and just kill him in the first round and call it a day.
Well, that tactic is valid, but also easy to counter because these figures "infiltrate" after all figures are placed on the battlefield at the start of the game. So the X-Men for example could easily create a pod to counter this possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Out of curiosity, was there any plans for another Kryptonian design that would allow for extra movement or activations of other Kryptonians? Getting multiple activations of these or the Kryptonian Soldiers would be pretty darn powerful.
General Zod will be able to "Red Skull" Kryptonians, meaning that he can give up his turn to allow 1 Kryptonian to take a turn. Double Kryptonian bonding would definitely break the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm also not sure why the wording in bold is there:

INFILTRATE
At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, you may remove this figure from the battlefield, and place it adjacent to any enemy figure.

Why does the figure have to be removed from the battlefield? You're not going to be subject to powers like Cyberclaw or Stuck at the start of the game when you're in your startzone. Why not just the placement?
The timing of the power allows all figures to be placed first, and then allows these figures to be placed in an enemy start zone AFTER the enemy has a chance to set up a counter defense posture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Maybe if Infiltrate was capped at a max number of figures at some point to prevent the issues above?
That would be great, but with these being Uncommon, I have no idea how to word that without every card being triggered. Maybe the White Martians can help.
Quote:
What about something like this?

INFILTRATE
At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, you may roll one combat die for this Kryptonian Infiltrator. If you roll a blank, you may place it adjacent to any enemy figure.

Continues the "blank" for Kryptonians theme a bit and majorly cuts down on the power level and reliability.
I will admit, that is a tempting proposition. However, I would be sad to draft "infiltrators" without any guarantee that they will in fact "infiltrate".
Quote:
If it seems like it depowers it too much, you could always make it so it triggers at the start of each round.
That might be a better option.

I am all ears guys. We are just getting started here, so feel free to keep the comments coming and help me direct this design.