View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:06 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Speedy (Mia) - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
For Delicate Health, you should make the negative aspect of the roll hit on a low roll, not a high one. So 12 or lower, rather than 8 or higher.
That's a can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Other than that, she looks good. I think she may still be worth more than 110 with these changes, but they'll help a lot.
I'm hoping to keep her cost down as she won't last long in a fight... But if her points have to go up or down, then that's what'll happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman and others View Post
Trick Arrows SA borrows too heavily from Rechets of Bogdan. I think it's fine to end it after the no defense dice part and cut the destroy automatically part. If she rolls 3 skulls against Superman, her landing 3 auto wounds on him is enough. An auto-destroy there is unbalaned, IMO.
I'll give my argument for keeping the auto-kill; give you some time for you to think about it and then if you all still feel that it is too much, I'll remove it...
The auto-kill aspect is the dangling carrot to draft her. I feel like her fragility in terms of 4 life with Delicate Health is a big negative that the auto-kill possibility, which is not easily done, helps to off-set.
I also think the auto-kill fits thematically. If Superman was shot with a krypton-tipped arrow in the eye, I think he'd go down in one shot.
I can think of only 3 other supers with an auto-kill; Red Skull (19 or higher on a d20), Arkillo (20 or higher on a d20) and Elektra (after wounding, 17 or higher on a d20). We've never done an auto-kill that works with just normal dice. I think it is a 12.5% chance of getting a three skull attack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I know who Flash's and Professor Zoom's first target is going to be, and Harley isn't going to like that either. But the balancing thing is her lower defense vs. ranged attacks, as well as her possibility for taking an extra wound anytime she takes a wound. So it seems like she has to be played carefully, and she still has to roll the 3 skulls and unlike the Recchets, she can't fly and have as huge a threat range as Iskra's move + placing Recchets up to 6 spaces away + their move x 3 Recchets having a chance of rolling 3 skulls and auto-killing.
All good reasons to keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Looks good Whitey. I have some pictures of her floating around somewhere from the summer, (similar lighting as Strong Guy in fact as it was the same photo shoot), so I'll dig those up and post them when I can.
Thanks for the pics.

Last edited by whitestuff; December 26th, 2010 at 10:15 PM.