View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2015, 12:45 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Yeah, after posting I realized a Native American would work too. Flagbearing is more in the wheelhouse of their historical enemies, the US Cavalry, but a good sculpt could make it work. And a Dwarf would be an obvious thematic choice, considering the precedent set by Ornak.

But anything except another Varkaanan, please. Those Confrontation wolves didn't just expand Aquilla's army, they staged a coup and took it over. In official Heroscape, the ethnic core of her army, numerically, used to be Dwarves — and I loved that — but the Varks' overpowering numbers rewrote that core with a ton of units based on a third style of wolf from yet another game. A lot of stuff in VC is really wonderful, and extends the game in a way that feels like Hasbro could have done it, but this is an area where VC feels anti-canonical to me. The "need" to use up an entire box of miniatures kind of redesigned Aquilla thematically, stealing the spotlight from her Dwarves. As someone who cares a lot about theme, it's hard for me not to feel like Aquilla and her diminutive friends have been a bit trampled on, and hard not to have a natural disinclination toward the wolf faction. (Regardless of how interesting their gameplay is.)

Others may disagree, but I would not want Aquilla's on-field representative to be a wolf with a flag. I'd prefer to see props given to the Dwarves in this role, thus acknowledging them as her true thematic core. Assuming a suitable miniature is/becomes available, of course.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list