View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2021, 07:59 PM

redstang rolls all skulls baby! redstang rolls all skulls baby! redstang rolls all skulls baby! redstang rolls all skulls baby! redstang rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redstang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redstang View Post
ROUND 1, FIGHT!

Spoiler Alert!

Here's the updated version!
Just now seeing this. Love the ambition for more MK, though personally, I'm not feeling the powers represent the character correctly.

OIA isn't bad in theory, but it doesn't make much sense for her to be commanding/leading the Earthrealm Warriors together. She's not akin to Star-Lord or Cap in terms of calling the shots and giving strategy on the front lines to the likes of Raiden, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Kitana etc. So I don't think that should be the indented target. Working best with Agents and Soldiers, to me, makes the most sense for her, with extra emphasis on making sure Jax specifically pairs best.

Her Ring Dash feels a bit random in terms of mechanics? I'm not sure the rings should be pushing anyone back or stripping their defenses.

Kart Wheel Advance is a fun power, but I'm not sure it screams "Sonya". Does she have combos that feature cartwheels? Absolutely. But her kiss of death, leg grab, and military gadgets(orbital strikes, garrote wire, grenades) represent her history far more-so than a basic cartwheel. I also don't see a cartwheel as something to warrant an unblockable for engagement.
I'm certainly down for changing the tactician power to more of a pairing power with Jax. Ring Dash is a move she can perform in game as is Kartwheel. Being able to Ring Dash to separate, Kartwheel in and then attack or allow Jax or another figure to attack was what I was going for. My focus was more for a combo attack then other gadget type play I guess.