View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2021, 02:18 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Workshop

Neat take! Would love to see another Cable. The first one is a cool design, but it definitely has a role in the game that doesn't always feel thematic.

It's become an increasing problem lately (with the big increase in design input) that it's hard to discuss something publicly without spoiling one of the 200+ designs we have On Deck. But I will say we currently have some Merc stuff waiting for release that might overpower what Cable is doing here. I know that's excruciatingly vague, but I think it might be worth expanding into Mutant stuff, just to give him a "niche?" Sorry, I know that's not super-helpful.

Dig Bodyslide, but I almost think it shouldn't need an X reveal? Obviously it's a bit goofy if he's just sliding everywhere constantly, but it's not that powerful of an ability, and it'll cause tension if any of his other buddies want the X. (Deadpool already does, obviously.)

I'd probably drop Sighting though. It's such a big essential part of Cable I's Obi-Wan playstyle that having it reused here might just make them play too similar.

One thing that's stuck with me after watching Deadpool II is how cool it would be to have a Cable with some sort of "arsenal" power. Obviously his signature weapon is Big Gun, but he's gotta have some pretty cool stuff in all those pouches, right?