View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2007, 12:29 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Hot Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar
Why does Guilty McCreech even need a book? He is besides Syvarris, The most straight foward unit in the game
You are dead wrong on this one, and I'm sorry to be so direct but I had to be.

One more unique (squad or hero) to consider vs. Syvarris is Guilty. It is worth 30% what Syvarris is worth. However, it has the same defense with 50% the lives and 66.67% the attack on the ground and 75% the attack with height advantage. Syvarris's awsome range is the only thing that gets close to explaining why it is worth 3.33 times one Guilty, and it falls short. Guilty has 77.78% the range of Syvarris (or Syvarris has 1.29 the range of Guilty). None of the stats. justify Syvarris' value of 3.33 times more over Guilty. Guilty is clearly undervalued when compared to Syvarris on all stats, and could be worth up to 40+ points when compared to Syvarris. In other words, if you got 100 points to fill in and need range like stated above, hire Guilty and use the other 70 points to boost some common squads or whatever else. You would still be able to spend 70 points in other units such as a whole squad of 4th Mass or Aubrien Archers or Tagagwa Samurai Archers for instance.

I lost a large chunk of my army last Saturday just against Guilty and I was wondering why a 30 points unit got me so bad. I made many bad moves but such a disproportionate outcome is partially explained by luck and partially by Guility's strong stats. for 30 points.
Don't forget Syvarris is an Ullar Elf and gets many bonuses that Guilty could never have.