View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2021, 10:44 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 2] Durnipia (Kiora, the Rising Tide) - Design?

With the changes to the design, I'm open to retheming her as something other than Durnipia. One of the primary drawbacks to this choice would be that it could make a future Durnipia harder to design. More than any other archetype, I think that "healer" figures are difficult to design in a way that makes them play differently from each other without being either useless or overpowered. This is especially true for a figure whose primary focus is on healing. Mechanically, I still think this design is as good a fit for Durnipia as we could hope for, but I understand the appeal of retheming into a more generic fantasy nymph direction.

If we do go that direction, I think I'd prefer a species of Nymph as its a bit more generic and reusable than Naiad. I'm not quite sure what the class would be, mayyybe Sentinel? Or we could just go with Healer.

Another option that I had proposed over in the discord a while back and which seemed to have some appeal was to retheme her as a Mutant from the Earth 2210 timeline. The Earth 2210 timeline is already an established part of the Heroscape canon and based on another game designed by Craig Van Ness, Risk 2210 AD. In that game, there is an underwater city territory called "Microcorp" which has pretty obvious connections to the Microcorp Agents. I believe that Agent Carr and Isamu were also confirmed to be taken from the 2210 setting. As c3v begins to further explore the 2210+ setting with Motley Max, I think there is an opportunity to tie in Durnipia as another Mutant from that timeline. There is even an underwater city off the coast of Mexico called New Atlantis which could serve as the perfect location for her backstory.

Thematically, I think that she'd also provide a really interesting contrast as a Mutant to Motley Max. Her bio could explain how, even as the effects of the fallout drove many to embrace their most violent inclinations, there were still some who attempted to use their newfound powers to bring comfort and healing to other survivors.

If we went this direction, she would have the species Mutant. For the class, I think Telepath could be a nice way to further clarify the nature of her healing and water controlling powers.

It would also be nice to feature some more diversity in the Master Set. Since most of the sculpts lend themselves most naturally to fantasy themes, including another scifi figure besides Tetsuo and the Velnesh would be great.

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; February 6th, 2021 at 11:12 AM.