View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
The 2009 volume is a continuation of the 2000 volume. It's been too long for me to make a judgment call on the language, but I know it's nothing extreme. Some of the Ultimate comics get pretty vulgar, but Ultimate Spider-Man doesn't.
Did more looking into it and I realized my mistake...I meant the 2011 version which I see is Miles Spider so I am set and may start acquiring the Trades for the 2000 series up.
Yeah, it's the 2000-2009 run before it switches to Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 2 (2009-2011), which ran for 15 issues before switching back to the original numbering in 2011. 11 issues later, it was replaced by Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man, which follows Miles Morales. UC:S-M lasted 28 issues before being cancelled in time for the Cataclysm event. Following Cataclysm, Miles came back in Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man but only for 12 issues before Secret Wars ended the Ultimate Universe. Miles then got moved over to the 'main' 616 universe to star in Spider-Man. Confused yet?

To answer your questions, start with the 2000-2009 series. It's a reboot of Spider-Man, so it starts from his origins and is one long story. As far as rating, it's a book aimed at teens. Language is minor (hell and damn is probably the worst of it, and not very common), though there are plenty of grawlixes. There's plenty of teen romance in the book, but nothing above a light PG-13 rating.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"