View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2011, 02:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Does Van Nessing justify an increase of the Werewolf Lord to a rank of B? Drafting both of these heroes is a 245 point investment (with decent stats, if not limited attacks), but it bestows a 50% chance of your WL OM's getting a free turn with Van Nessing.
I considered this recently, and almost made the change. The only thing stopping me is that the WL already has a bonding squad. But given that I like Van Nessing more than the WoB, most of the time, it's easy to argue that the 50% Van Nessing activation is more handy than the 100% WoB activation, when you consider the point investment needed. Still, you usually want one OM directly on VN anyway for Divine Mission, so on average you're only getting one extra VN activation per round, even if you put two numbered OMs on WLs.

Like I said, I was very close on this - I was closer to bumping the WL than I was to bumping Kyntela or Ulginesh or Arkmer, FWIW. I'm still open to bumping the WL, but I'd like to see some non-theoryscape results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Of course, the flip side is that your WL-wielding opponent could also get a turn with Van Nessing, but having 2 opponents with Werewolves seems a bit rare in the competitive scene.

Now, if your opponent also has a WL and Van Nessing, at least you don't have to worry about her taking a free turn with your VN.
Ah, interesting point; it's a variant of the Marcu versus Marcu thing.