View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2022, 10:19 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

This campaign is one of the oddest I've seen and I can tell Hasbro hadn't figured out Discord yet. Earlier, one of the marketing guys posted saying "if we get 400 backers in any 24 hour period I'll hunt down a character stat and share them." The backlash was immediate since players were questioning why they are making it harder on everyone to get this campaign funded by withholding information. At that point I closed Discord since I was so perturbed by how everything is going especially since I'm still waiting to learn about the new gameplay before I back.

But when I went back to screen capture the message, I saw that he later apologized for it saying it was meant to poke fun at something else. Had I not gone back and researched before I created this post, I wouldn't have known it was a joke and still thought that was their position. Discord moves so fast and bad jokes leave their sting for a long time. I'm sure the guy didn't mean any harm but he and the rest of the team have to know how much this means to a lot of people and any flippant comments can really derail their efforts. People are burning the midnight oil trying to make this a success so you want to show you are taking this as seriously as your fans are.

Talk about not knowing how to read a room. At least it was all a misunderstanding.