View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Ulginesh - A preliminary discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
I do sort of hope the card has been altered just a little, as I shy away from units for whom the best strategy is never to use them ( Kato). I would love it if they made his one ability less potent, gave you a turn with one other elf wizard, and gave Ulgy another ability as well, like an aura for elf wizards, or even a special attack.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of these lazy general figures (an unfair characterization, but I'll use it anyway ...). But, you pay a premium to use them and they (and their builds) are so expected that any good Scaper should be ready to face them. I don't really like them, but I take solace in them costing a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels View Post
I seem to remember many people decrying that having a ranged character with flight would break the game. I don't subscribe to this notion, but it will be interesting to see if they're correct when Ulginesh is let loose upon our hexes.

Personally, I'm looking forward to him.
I'm looking forward to him as well. I always wondered about the doom and gloom of ranged flying units. Mimring was a ranged flying figure in the very first master's set (yes, I know the argument of special vs. normal attack, but I think that is fairly thin)--as have been most of the dragons since.

I'm excited to see Ullar reborn (he's needed it!) when they get their flying, ranged Kyrie! In fact, I think I'll be calling the next several months Ullar Reborn, in hopes that Wave 8 will be followed by Wave 9's Ullar Protectors.

EDIT: Got interrupted in a post and rdhight swooped me. Good points, all, rdhight.