View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2019, 10:58 AM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
It is just regular paint in a can not miniature paint in a little bottle?
Ive been priming my miniatures lately with different colored rustoleum spray paint. The idea is to prime it in the dominant color on the model. Light green for lizard men or medium green for some orcs. Smokey beige for pale humanoids, etc. If you get it close enough you dont really have to paint that part any further. Like the skin tone. Thwn I use simple apple barrel paints to block paint the details, such as the clothes or armor/weapons. Sometimes Ill do a little drybrushing but lately I havent needed to on the smaller models. After I put on a wash or use a shader such as army painters quickshade. After the wash or shader I wipe the raised edges back off with a q tip. I use mineral spirits on the q tip when using oil based shaders. Just a wet q tip for acrylic washes. When wiping the raised edges it gives a sort of highlight back to the model because it takes some of the shader of in those areas. The results are pretty nice for minimum effort and look just as good as models I painted years ago that I took a lot of time doing.
I want to stress very much that you dont prime with cheap spray paint. The coverage is generally bad which makes you want to apply more. Which isnt very good, it will ruin the details of the model. When Im not so dang busy Id like to post all the figures Ive painted. Especially with he new technique. I will say one paint that I shucked out a couple extra bucks for is my citadels Blood for the Blood God. That technical paint is awesome. It looks just like blood.