View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2019, 08:21 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OHS Season 34 - Welcome to the Jungle - Round 1 until 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The Chris Perkins (1-0) v. vegietarian18 (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Alastair MacDirk, Sgt. Drake Alexander [SotM], 4th Massachusetts Line, Knights of Weston, Templar Cavalry
* Cyprien Esenwein, Eltahale, Grimnak, 10th Regiment of Foot, Heavy Gruts
* Arkmer, Haduc, Jorhdawn, Kira Jax, Kyntela Gwyn, Morsbane, Ulginesh
* Crixus, Kursus, Spartacus, Capuan Gladiatorsx3
vegietarian18 chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, Chris Perkins chooses who places first.
Starting in 10 minutes

---------------------------------------------
Edit: Vegie got the win in a very tight one.

Vegie placed Kursus on the island to threaten my start zone, so I uber-spread out so it would take 2 OMs for Kursus to hit anything. I was a bit too paranoid of Kursus though, so I also put 2 OMs on Drake in Round 1 to counter him. Vegie went all Gladiators though, and Drake couldn't cover both the north and the south. Drake went north to protect my templar, but that let Crixus and a Gladiator get south freely to kill knights & 4th. My OM 3 was on Templar, which charged in and did some damage.

Vegie won init on round 2, which limited what my templar could do. He killed one templar before my turn. The templar were able to block off Crixus from the last knight I had left though, which kept my OMs 2 & 3 alive. Alastair did big damage to Crixux and the close Gladiator, killing them both and only taking the self-inflicted overextend wound.

I won round 3 init, and Alastair & the knight killed the 2 Capuans in the north. That left Alastair, a single knight, and a 3 wound Drake set up in the north, facing off with Sparty & 2 Capuans (all vegie had left at that point). I used OM 3 to bring up my last 2 4th.

Vegie moved in to attack on his OM 3, hoping for an init switch that he got. That let him finish Drake and force me to not take any OMs on my last knight. I went 2 OMs on Alastair and OM3 on 4th. Alastair managed to bring Sparty down to one life, but died before he could finish him off. The 4th then moved into height and took 2 shots on Capuans, one of which hit.

That left 2 4th Mass against 1 Capuan, 1 life Sparty, & Kursus who hadn't yet moved. I won init but missed both 4th attacks down on the Capuan. I guess wrong anyways, and vegie had OM 1 on Sparty, but he missed the 4th he attacked. My OM 2 missed sparty but killed the capuan. Vegie's OM2 was Kursus, who used his special to kill the southern 4th. My other 4th was still engaged with Sparty, so he moved out of normal attack range on Kursus and took a 2 dice shot at sparty, which finished him off. Vegie chose to not risk the SA on OM3, just moving Kursus closer.

Vegie won init next round and moved Kursus adjacent (now no height for anyone), but the 4th blocked him. I did one wound with my first 4th turn. Kursus then finished off the 4th on his next turn with a regular attack.

Vegie won with a 2-life Kursus left.

Great game, close and lots of tough positioning calls throughout.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; October 31st, 2019 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Game Result