View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I understand that specials can break the rules established for what an attack can do, in many many ways. I also think that its dumb how many abilities are completely invalidated by special attacks. I realize that you can't cover every edge case that a special could fall into, but "at least 1 skull is rolled" has been used officially, and it actually does what I was intending, by only letting Lee Jun get a marker if the opponent doesn't blank.
I was pretty shocked when Isamu came out, and the ODs after that came up with more stuff that triggered on specials. That has caused no end to rules headaches. Worse, it opened the door for customs designers to trigger things off of specials as well. Every time we add one, we increase the density of the morass. Eventually it will become impossible to make any such powers or new special attacks without breaking other powers. Sure, it's dumb that some abilities don't work against special attacks, but that's the price for having a nearly unbounded design space with special attacks (in a troublingly lightly-defined ruleset, no less).

But yes, there is precedent to rely on here with Vanish, and simply adding a marker isn't likely to cause any additional issues.