View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2022, 06:25 PM

Tritzix Woo who?
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I'm in for unpainted minis or shiny pebbles or whatever they give us because I'm hooked.

I think a lot of the draw to HeroScape for new casual players may have been the painted minis and I suspect this version may not do as well being sold at Wal-Mart as an impulse purchase. That may not be the plan for the new version either, especially if the price point is substantially higher than the original $40 master sets.

They won't be a barrier for entry, but they won't have the draw of the original either. It had a lot of "pop" seeing it on the shelf in a big box store, and even more being played.

The plan may be not to sell as many as the original, or to target the same mass market appeal. There are several signs that point to this, a likely higher price point and unpainted minis are a few. A higher price point may mean they are foregoing the mass market release and aiming it at FLGS stores, which is another indication of lower expected sales. Hopefully if that is the case they will make up for it with quality and we will feel we are getting what we are paying for.
I think we may see the opposite, with more players interested in unpainted minis as it allows more customization and player freedom. Games with unpainted minis have been in a boom recently