View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2020, 03:10 AM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker
How do you use Marro well?

Brief back story really quickly, started playing Heroscape in 2007 with RotV and my friend got SotM a couple of months later when it released. I had various other units as well, enough to make a full marro army but whenever either of us used marro we would get wiped. 12 years later after a long hiatus I am rebuilding my collection from nothing and I have to say, either I am still as bad as a 13 year old with no knowledge or the marro aren't very good.

Before making this thread I looked for one addressing this and maybe I missed it but I saw nothing. Today, for instance, I was playing a themed game; Jandar Nordic/Heroic units vs marro. 710 points on Sir Heroscapes Arroyo map and NGS shackled not only my Nilfheim but Thorgrim in consecutive turns and it still wasn't a close game. Oppenent had hive, 2x stingers, warriors, NGS, KMS, and SBN and it wasn't really even a competitive game.

Now I have drones x2 and Me-Burq-Sa in the mail and maybe those are the missing links but does anyone have some insight as to why the marro always seem weak?