View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

To get a grip on this project, let me try to categorize what we would like to accomplish.

Classic
1) Ultra/matte resolution .stl files of all classic figures
2) Tabletop Simulator .obj models of missing classic squad figures (see Dissonance's list)

C3V
3) Ultra/matte resolution .stl files of all C3V figures
4) Tabletop Simulator .obj models of all C3V figures (I have some of these models cleaned and based and ready to make textures)

Other
5) Ultra/matte resolution .stl files of additional figures (Marvel, HoSS, C3G, etc...)
6) Tabletop Simulator .obj models of additional figures (Marvel, HoSS, C3G, etc...)

To do this, there are several major steps:
A) Take photographs
B) Run through 3DF Zephyr (see Note below)
C) Import to Blender to Scale, Clean, and Base --> Export high resolution .stl file
D) Decimate and Clean up texture in Blender --> Export TS .obj file
E) Additional steps to integrate to Tabletop Simulator (and Hexscape)

(Note: there are other programs, such as Meshmixer, which might work as well or better than 3DF Zephyr, but I haven't tried them)

This is A LOT to do, even if we just restrict ourselves to the Classic and C3V figures.

More thoughts

Before we start, I'd like to get an idea of who is willing to be involved, and in what areas you'd like to help. Also, it would be useful for those interested to run through some of the steps on a single figure--some of the steps are tricky to get right in the beginning (but fairly easy once you become familiar with the steps).

So, I suggest we start this way:
1) White Knight--I've already run 3DF Zephyr on several Classic figures, so I'm going to finish converting those to .stl models

2) @Dissonance --you can start converting the models I posted of the Drow, Shades, and Samurai Archers to TS models

3) @SharkRider1 --take 50 pictures of a single figure (or a group of 3 or 4 figures) from Wave 2, 3, or 7 and post those pictures online (Gorillinators, Microcorp Agents, Heavy Gruts, or Zombies would be good for a start). I will run them through 3DF Zephyr to see how they come out.

4) Everyone else--let me know how you'd like to be involved and start running through those steps with a single figure. I can give you suggestions on where to start.

Once we get an idea of everyone's capabilities, we can better decide how to divide up the work.