View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Black King - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

And for Class I like "Socialite" as a general term for the Hellfire Club. Not 100% sure if that's accurate but I think it works.
I can understand "Socialite", being that is kind of his appearance I suppose from outsiders of the club. Though his global influence/power is tied to his financial success with Shaw Industries. "Socialite" kind of sounds a little "nice" and "fluffy". "Industrialist" has more of a jag sound to it, since those types are usually diks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Kinetic Energy Absorption

Not sure I'm digging the second power yet, though, and it's probably just because it's another attack boost on top of the attack and defense boosts from the first power. I like the general idea, though, but sort of wish we could figure out some more Hellfire Club synergies or something. It seems like other than him, most Hellfire Club members (Selene/Black Queen, Jean/Black Queen, Emma/White Queen, Stepford Cuckoos) with the exception of Harry Leland (I think that's his name) are Telepaths. So maybe some sort of Telepath synergy?

Here's a power I was tinkering with today for Geo-Force as an eventual Outsiders (Interlopers) synergy power, that might work here with Telepaths?

RALLY OUTSIDERS
After revealing an Order Marker this card and taking a turn with Geo-Force, you may remove up to three unrevealed Order Markers from this card. If you do, you may take a turn with X different Unique Interloper Heroes you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Geo-Force, where X equals the number of Order Markers removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
If we were to give him some sort of Telepath Synergy, I'd prefer it be on a singular basis of some kind. As a "King taking his Queen" sort of power instead of "TELEPATHS ASSEMBLE!" y'know?

(Even if that Queen happens to be a monkey. )
Those are my thoughts also Johnny. While Shaw was usually around Telepaths, I don't picture him as a "leader of telepaths" so to speak.

Maybe something like this, though not sure of the power name.

Quote:
BY ORDERS OF THE KING
After revealing an Order Marker this card and taking a turn with Black King, you may reveal another Order Marker on this card and immediately take a turn with any Telepath figure you control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
You guys probably know his powerset better than I. Looks good for ingame.

One comment, though. Should we just have his name be Sebastion Shaw? For one, I've never heard of him called the Black King in comics or otherwise (Though I have only read a few things with him and the Hellfire Club). Also, Both Emma and Selene aren't called by their Hellfire names, either, so should we only have it for him?
What Bats said. I think that having him Black King would leave the door open for other versions of the Hellfire Club. Also, Emma and Selene have done other things outside of the club a good bit, so they aren't tied to it as much as Shaw I believe.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; August 9th, 2012 at 08:03 AM.