View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2015, 08:46 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Sterilizing Pear - probability calculator for Heroscape

Sterilizing Pear - probability calculator for Heroscape and Arena of the Planeswalkers

Hi guys! I’m here with my first Android app, Sterilizing Pear. It’s a probability calculator for Heroscape and Arena of the Planeswalkers that gives average wounds per attack, and percent chance of getting at least 1-6 wounds in that attack. In addition, you can choose any number of special abilities such as Deadly Strike/Tough/Paralyzing Stare and get the same statistics for attacks involving them. I believe it’s the most in depth source of probability tables for Heroscape out there right now. There is no iPhone version currently (or one underway) because droid master race I do not know how to program iPhone apps. If you would use an iPhone version of this app, just let me know and I can try to make it happen.

Features currently supported: Attack and Defense values up to 12
Offensive Abilities: Deadly Strike/Twinflame, Intense Strike (AotP), Red Flag of Fury, Venomous Sting, Paralyzing Stare, Net Trip, Stinger Drain and Poison Weapons/Poison Sting/Venom Ray .
Defensive Abilities: Shields of Valor, Tough, Iron Tough, One Shield Defense, Hato’s Aura, Defensive Agility/Stealth Dodge, Vanish*.
Poisonous Powers and Vanish support user inputted cutoffs for their d20 rolls.
*use Vanish for any defensive ability that negates wounds with a certain D20 value rolled. It’s named after Vanish because of my personal favorite of the bunch @dok

With this app, I set out to make all of the toggles play well together. For example, if you wanted to know what the chance of being counter struck in a Deadly Strike vs. Tough and Shields of Valor 4v5, I want to be able to offer that information. The app should do that*, although Heroscape rarely has questions of what order to apply buffs in, so I kind of made up what I thought was best based on what the cards read for some weird power combinations.
There are some exceptions:
Paralyzing Stare + Net Trip just gives Paralyzing Stare values. Not a priority to fix since I don’t know how you get those both at the same time or why you would make a custom that had both.
Stinger Drain will give the counter strike chance for when the player actually attacks, ignoring the Drain case. I figured this was the most informative but it’s kind of weird. Not sure exactly what is the most informative counter strike information for Stinger Drain tbh.

screenshots:
Spoiler Alert!

Features that may be implemented in the future:
Spoiler Alert!

If anyone spots any bugs/incorrect values from this app, please let me know. I’ve only been programming for a few months so I can’t guarantee I didn’t miss obvious things. I also only tested it on my own phone, so I don’t know what it’s like on other devices. At the very least, the app is fast and doesn’t crash, so that’s good. Any general feedback such as interface tips or features you want to see would also be appreciated. I made this app for myself to learn from primarily, but I’d love to hear that other people are using it. Hope you enjoy the app!