View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:04 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Except he's not a leader, he's a barbarian. After the war in Eberron, the warforged went off in every which way and found their own individual identities. This is a completely valid path for this hero to go down.

That said, as I had commented before in the Pre SoV, I'm not necessarily in love with the design. While I understand the reason for 7 life, and I understand that Tandros sets precedent, it still feels a little pushed for me. Even 6 life would set his total beyond Siege, the other highest life total among warforged.

I also don't really like Indomitable, though I have quite the list of reasons why I dislike that power. For one, its name implies a defensive power while it is purely offensive. In addition, it leads to a kind of slower play. You go up and attack and, if the target survives the first swing, you can follow up with a larger one the following turn that is much more likely to finish them off. For a rampaging barbarian, while it may on the surface seem to provide for their high move and attack, it has them act less like a shock-trooper and more like an advancing tank.

Lastly, powers that modify normal attacks like Rage of Destruction strike me as strange. I'd expect to see something like that in Special Attack form, though I suppose there is nothing inherently wrong with branching out. It otherwise seems a thematic power.

I do think he's interesting and I like the overall theme, I just have my personal reservations about some of the particulars. That, of course, is for the judges to ultimately decide.

Last edited by Ixe; May 7th, 2014 at 11:22 AM.