View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2020, 06:24 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Pod 0 (Main Thread)

I like that direction a lot for those glyphs. The fact that the physical glyph even says "Toughness +1" helps sell it a lot, IMO, and it makes sense that the actual glyph would be different then from the "Defense +1" of Gerda. I also like how it has the potential to play with Velkhor and give the set a bit more of a consistent flavor.

In terms of individual balance for the glyphs, I'm not super concerned about them finding a place in the competitive environment. Stuff like Ivor and Astrid can be absolutely game-warping, but they can still be featured in fun scenarios. So long as the glyphs are fun in just our box, I can live with them being too strong for the current tournament meta.

I'd be fine with limiting either glyph to the first attack/defense roll each turn, though. Letting players choose when to apply it adds an extra mechanic to remember (albeit a small one) and feels a little more fiddly in my opinion.

If we're making these two glyphs unique as well, then I'd like to throw in the Movement +2 glyph as well so that we have a full set of unique glyphs.