View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2019, 11:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Super cool. I like being able to change the look or weapons and stuff like that out on these bigger models. Cant wait til I get hold of an AtSt and an occupier tank. I wonder how it would be to use 2 of the tanks in a grand army game. Im almost done extending my game table. I had a 4x4 with a raised 3x3 in the middle of it. I added 6inches of 1/2 in foam to the sides making it a raised 4x3 board leaving 6inches on each side for player cards/setup. I already cut a 2x3 foam board that Im basing on a 2.5x4 to butt up next to the 4x3. That will give me a 4x6.5 table with a 6in edge that wraps around 1 side leaving room on both sides for cards and a middle part for tokens and a shared dice rolling area. Im all but done with the main board but still need to finish the expansion. Also Im almost done with about 6 buildings, and am done painting all my other Imperial industrial looking terrain(over 100 individual pieces) along with having buildings for my various worlds these will also be used as interior for a star destroyer or death star board. Still much to do.
You are "all in" all right. Glad you like Legion, as I know you dig Star Wars.

I'm guessing the AT-ST and Occupier may work out in a grand army, though it might be tight points wise with 600 points per player per team, and each player taking armor. You would just have to round out the rest of the 600 points with a commander and some troops, as most winning conditions require trooper leaders to be adjacent to an objective token or terrain with an objective on it. Could always slow walk the troopers to keep them alive longer while the armor works on the enemy troopers. Then swoop in later with your troopers. Would have to see how that theory works.

Also, being a non competitive game, you can up it to 800 points per player too.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon